web stats

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The French zattack!

Another disappointing world cup match. You may wonder why and some of you may also say why when I was supporting the French team?

The only part that I liked about the match was that finally referees decided to stop playing cards(only two yellow cards, one to each team.). And bravo to the Portugese team who played so valiantly. I am afraid but the French just got lucky. After the penalty score the French played a strategically defensive game but broke the tempo of the game and IMHO a very risky decision. Well, it is done and over ... we'll see what happens in the finals. Italy's defense line is probably one the strongest right now (unlike the Brasilians). Brasil reminds me, when they were in the match I could not find my Brasilian shirt and when I finally did they were out. Damn! I guess I will wear it for the finals.

Something off the topic, I don't think I have ever seen a player as respected as Zinedine Zidane.

PS: How can I forget to thank the French for helping India create history. Wonder how, oh the wonder boy Vikash Dhorasoo the man who usually substitutes Zinedine in the highly competitive midfield. Vikash is the only player of Indian descent to have played the World Cup soccer.

Few links of interest.
Pics from the game. Click here.
Zinedine Zidane. Click here.
French Squad. Click here.
Viskash Dhorasoo. Click here.
Yes, soccer was once "known" in the US. Click here.

0 comments: