web stats

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Syriana is Matrix!

My first blog, I rambled about the blog community and how boring this is and what have you. After watching Syriana, I am really thankful and glad that I am blogging and not stuck in the matrix of oil warfare!

Those who are interested in the geo-politics of Middle-East and the world economy; how international trade, corruption and assassinations are executed this is a must see. The movie is made in a documentary style nothing fancy but plain vanila. Viewers can see a lot of similarity between Saudi Royal Family and the Oil industry members; even some incidents from recent past from the region.

An excellent quote from the movie Bryan (Matt Damon) to Prince Nasir Al-Subaai - "We think a hundred years ago you were living out here in tents in the desert chopping each others heads off, and that's exactly where you're gonna be in another hundred." So true!

The reason why I said "Syriana is Matrix" in the title is because of the complexity of the affairs not the effects of the movie. At the end of the movie I was really happy that I did not have to play that dirty and still I could blog. Phew!

0 comments: