web stats

Sunday, February 19, 2006

This can happen only in America.

Disclaimer: This posting may sound to be in contradiction to my previous posting. My previous posting still holds true.

It was one of those days when the mouse on my desk took me on a ride to the pristine Internet and stopped at savetoby.com. I think the owner should get a Nobel Prize for entrepreneurship. I am not insensitive, but there is nothing illegal that this guy is doing.

Those of you who do not know about this; in brief, savetoby.com, is a site that blackmails the entire humankind to pay ransom else the owner of the site will kill his cute looking rabbit pet and cook it and eat it too. (Even the recipe is listed on the site.). I had seen the site over a year back and have seen it transform from an ordinary site to a bling generating e-commerce site. After Paypal stopped taking donations (read: ransom), the site started selling souvenirs, books (available from Amazon) and also sports an ad banner. The deadline has continuously been postponed. I don’t know if I should laugh, feel pity or kick myself for not thinking creatively like savetoby owner.

1 comments:

Sumit Awasthi said...

This is fucking awesome dude! Its sad, but what a genius this guy!!