web stats

Friday, May 19, 2006

Ode to saree.

Liz HurleyFormer Miss Universe, Sushmita SenThis has been way over due. Been thinking where should I start and till date I have not figured where I should start. In utter frustration of where to start I start here with no dramatics and opening lines. I have not even been able to find a decent picture of a woman clad in saree also spelt sari.

Cutting the chase, in two words I can tell you why I like saree - simplicity and versatility. It is amazing that five yards of cloth can be worn in so many variety. Lot of people in the west see it as a conservative Indian traditional dress but it is amazing how many different ways Saree can be worn. A saree can be worn in a graceful way or sexy or a siren or sultry or vixen.

Some pics of celebs/politicians in saree Click here.
Good collection of pics, instructions on how to wear saree and little history from an eBay store. Click here.
More history and info on saree Click here.

0 comments: