web stats

Monday, May 01, 2006

Thought provoking password ...

Or password provoking thoughts. In either case, people somewhere in the world are working on creating computers that would not require you to type in your password or authenticate you with biometric instead they will analyze your brain to retrieve the password. Simple words, you think of your password and you will be authenticated or something like that.

I do not know if we are getting so lazy here or what. But, I can imagine a movie scene where the villain want to get the password to somebody's computer. The person refuses to give the password. The villain attaches the electrodes to the brain and the hero of our story is thinking - "********** is the password to this computer and I will not give it to this villain who will take the world on ransom." Boom!

Another thought, will our babies soon come with built-in ports (something like a USB or Bluetooth or do they already have one?) to attach computers to. I mean, think about this putting electrodes to the brain every time you step out to get coffee does not sound too pleasant. Richer kids can get wireless connectivity while less privilaged kids will get mmmm.... serial/parallel/USB ports, I guess.

Original source. Click here.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess there will be only two kinds of passwords in the world. Men think alike and women think alike..(or maybe not. I don't know, I could never understand.). I think Men think "Where ??" (need a place) and women think "Why ??" (need a reason)...